Sunday 7 April 2013

Stone Wheelers Road Race April 7th

This road race moved to the 'Audlem' circuit for this year.
We had clear sunny weather, a tad on the cold side initially but no problem with a few layers on the body and shorts.
Lap 1 started after neutral until getting onto the main Woore road and as I was in the first 3 heading out I sort of decided to roll on and a gap appeared and then more of a gap. Ok, checked behind and couldnt see the main field but the drag to Woore started to take its toll and was going more into the red zone with every metre. A group was catching but too late for me to recover enough to hang onto them and thatgroup of 6 made a split and I had to settle back in the main bunch for the rest of the race.
I kept my position within the forst 10 or so for lap 2 and then lap 3.
I didnt feel strong enough to make any break heading back to the finish at Hankelow. I was on the wheel of AK with about 2 kms to go but he seemed not in the mood to want to push on and so although trying to get a decent positon for the final sprint in, the effort was pretty futile with the places already gone.
So it was a training race in the end after all - as per my training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment