Sunday 21 April 2013

Race Day 21st April

A training race today but still a good opportunity to rehearse pre race drills and preparation.
Up at 6 45.
Weight checks in at 170lbs
Breakfast porridge - approx 400 calories.
Espresso

Kit bag sorted.
Weather is kind so it will be ss jersey + shorts and 2 baselayers

Gel at 7 30
Espresso 7 45

Drive to work at 8 15
Final kit check. Small rucksack for the ride in.
Warm up ride to Race hq 9am - ensuring at least 2 HR spikes to 160+
Race commences 10 10am

Race included riders from Category B and C.
The pace started high and was maintained high all the way to Woore where it began to split. Wheels were lost in front of me and tried to organise to get back on as the road descended fast towards Bridegemere but to no avail.
I maintained a rhythm on my own and just settled into time trial mode for most of the race.

Race Profile



 


I have to admit to feeling like I have been strung out like a sausage, at least I caught up with a few riders for the last 10 mile as it was getting a tad lonely with only the marshalls to shout at as to what the gap was.

My PMC will appreciate the TSS . 
Training Peaks actually estimated the HR/TSS as over 300 but I'll accept 200 for PMC purposes.

Some say that you cannot use an 11 sprocket on UK roads.
On the fast return back from Woore, I can assure readers that I was using  my 52/11


No comments:

Post a Comment