Monday 24 June 2013

Swynnerton Army Camp TLI Race 23rd June 2013

A smallish field due to the inclement weather. 75 minutes of actual race time on a damp and rather muddy (in places) road circuit. No issues with cornering however and thus the race pace was consistently high.
A few small attacks went off the front for the first hour but were contained by the bunch. I made a quick lap after 50 minutes on the front but resulted in me 'not seeing' a turn and went straight on into the car park and had to do a quicj about turn and chase after the bunch. Fortunately no one attacked or I might have been in trouble latching back on again.
With 3 laps to go, 4 riders went off the front but were kept in sight. I didnt jump across with more in mind that I wasnt going to drag the bunch with me. Also I thought that they would come back eventually before the finish.
I kept upfront on last lap to keep a clear run through the corners and on the home straight the finish line came quicker than you think. I should have gone even harder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment